Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wonderful Quotes

I have a friend who sends out daily quotes to everyone he knows. Some of them are really good and now that I have my own place to post things, I thought I'd share the ones that I've saved and I really like... enjoy!

" When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life."
John Lennon

" Your journey has molded you for your greater good, and it was exactly what needed to be. Don't think that you've lost time. There is no short-cutting to life. It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And now is right on time."
Asha Tyson

" You cannot change other people, only your own expectations."
Jen Chism

"Look at life through the windshield, not the rear-view mirror"
Byrd Baggett

"A person who brings you more frowns then smiles is not worth your time. We all deserve the best, so never settle for less. Find the person who loves all of you for who you are forever, instead of a person who wants some of you for a moment. Remember your value and respect you."
Mar'Tina Hampton

" We can throw stones, complain about them, stumble on them, climb over them, or build with them."
William A. Ward

" Sometimes you have to stand alone to prove that you can still stand."
Author Unknown

" Those who love you are not fooled by mistakes you have made or dark images you hold about yourself. They remember your beauty when you feel ugly; your wholeness when you are broken; your innocence when you feel guilty; and your purpose when you are confused!"
Marcelo Mosaner

" I am thankful to all those who said no to me. It's because of them I did it myself."
Albert Einstein

"The pace at which love is found depends on the pace at which hate is lost."
Sintory

" Whatever you do, someone will criticize you. You will be blamed if you act and even if you don't act; if you speak, or don't speak. You can't keep pleasing everyone. If your focus is on finding shortcomings, either in yourself or in others, you cannot raise higher. Recognize that if someone gives a comment, reflect on it. If there is some truth, accept it. If not, then thank them and move on."
Sri Sri Ravishankar

" Wealth is not measured by possessions or money... but by the relationships you build, the bonds you strengthen, the people you bring together and by the legacy you leave behind... that... is TRUE wealth."
Brad Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment